Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Workin for the Weekend

Today was an interesting day. I haven't read the news yet today so I don't know if the stock market crashed, if we landed on mars, or if someone discovered a super strain of super aids but today was crazy. Since I've been on the job I haven't had to deal with this many irate customers.

Although I like to leave my work at work and leave my chew at home, I would like to describe one of my interactions with a customer that I had.

This lady called me a couple weeks ago to tell me that she was upset with our factory direct program for a number of reasons. First, she didn't like the pricing. yawn. Second, she didn't like the delivery. BOR-ing. Third, she was getting her invoices sent to a different apartment complex than she had her business at. Ok, kind of valid.

Anyways, when we talked a couple weeks ago she said that she wasn't going to do business with us anymore. Hey, shit happens. But then she did some checking around and found out that our pricing was better and that she couldn't really get the stuff she was buying from us anywhere else. Score one for the good guys. So when she calls and tells me this I think to myself two things: One, gotcha. And two, in you're face I'm Kenny Powers.

So I figure out that she has a credit hold on her account because she didn't fill out the necessary paperwork. Check. Then I figure out that she needs her refrigerator yesterday. Don't care. Then she makes all sorts of demands while telling me that the only thing she's ever going to buy from me again is a refrigerator a month. So then I look down at my johnson, see that it's completely flacid and tell her that I'll do everything I can. Instead of "hot shotting" an order out to her to be delivered the next day I only tell her that she'll have her fridge in 3-5 business days. Check mate.

Next interaction I had today was by cold calling a very nice lady in Cincinnati. I'm not sure but I think she probably looked a little something like this:

Anyways, I wanted to get her to set up an account and our conversation went a little something like this.
Me: Hi Jane I'm calling from appliances how are you doing today?
Jane: Good
Me: Well Jane I was looking to talk to someone about the account you might have with us for factory direct pricing on appliances.
Jane: We don't have one
Me: I see that but you did have one It was cancelled in 1992 which I'm guessing is before your time at the property
Jane: No, I've been here for 20 years
Me: Oh my word well that's great. I'd love to talk to a Property Manager about where you're buying your appliances
Jane: That's me
Me: Ok great, can I ask where you're buying your appliances?
Jane: No
Me: Alright, thanks so much you have a great day!

Strike 1, strike 2, strike 3. Can't do much about those ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment