Friday, February 11, 2011

Cisco WebEx

So at work we have this thing called Cisco WebEx. I could sit here and explain it to you all day but instead I’m just going to tell you that it’s exactly like AIM, but not everyone can get on it, you can’t make your screen name be anything other than your last name, first name (sorry no glittersparkleflirtychick56), and only Meatball employees can use it. Oh, also, most importantly, there isn’t a separate window for each of your conversations. Instead, there is just one window with several tabs for each of your different conversations.

Except for those things, it’s exactly like AIM. You can chat, shoot quick messages, and when you’re reading the Boston Globe and someone sends you a new messages, the tab down on the task bar starts blinking blue.

So I was chillin there, reading about pitchers and catchers camp, also checking in on the red sox training camp, and I noticed a blinking blue light down on my task bar. Yes! A little notification told me that there was a new message from my friend Dan. So I head down to the task bar and type him a little reply.

Unfortunately for me, I have lots of friends on Cisco Webex. Many are my friends in my program, but some are a little more important. I was having a conversation with my Risk/Finance gal, Crystal, earlier that day about a shitty customer of mine. We were talking about what a hassle this customer was being and her window was the one I clicked.



WHOOPS. I really like how aggressive it is. She tells me very nicely that I’m not really bothering her and then gives me a smiley emoticon and I just ask her “SUP B*TCH?”. Oh dear.

Luckily for me, she’s mad cool and actually thought it was funny. She said that she’s replied to the wrong window before. I doubt she’s ever asked anyone “SUP B*TCH?” but still…it’s good to be on the same page.

No comments:

Post a Comment