Ok so I’ve been putting this off for a few days, but I have quite a few things to discuss concerning Tuesday the 16th's day as a substitute teacher.
Tuesday was my second day and I subbed for an old friend and none other than Mrs. Heather Cattabriga. She’s a very nice gal, but her students are ridiculous people. I mean, I probably shouldn’t go off and say that because quite a few of them were well behaved. But a few of them either had syrup shots in the lunchroom, or ADD is becoming more prevalent then I had realized. I pulled the old “walk around and ask people fucking around for their last names so that they think they’re getting put into the substitute’s report” trick to get a few kids to be quiet, but for some kids that didn’t work. For the kids who just couldn’t seem to get their shit together, I had to use the walls of
After things had settled down, I started exploring my room and found this picture to Mrs. Cattabriga from her kid.
Now I never was a Monet back in my elementary school days, but I mean come on…fuck. That is terrible. I don’t even know what that is. Is it a donkey? Maybe it’s a cat? Who the fuck even knows. My best guess is that it’s his imagination of what would happen if a piece of shit mated with a coathanger. Awful. If my kid ever tries to give me a drawing like this, I am just going to lose it.
Another thing of note that happened on Tuesday was that Mrs. Everson (another teacher on the team) was on a power trip. I knew this lady because I had played hockey with her son far longer than I would have liked to during my youth, so I had a bit of experience with her being a raging psycho. So the deal is that if the kids are good, they get to watch a movie on Friday, which is the day before vacation. The movie is going to be Wall-E so you can bet that the kids are on their best behaviour. I wanted to spell behaviour with a "u" there because that's how the British spell it and although they have poor dental hygiene and suffere from the gum disease gingivitis, I view them as being quite intelligent. I'm hoping some of that will rub off on me, but I'm not betting the farm on it. Anyways, when the kids were doing something extremely harmless like maybe talking a little loudly and Mrs. Everson would come over and say something like "Oh, it looks like John doesn't want to come to the big party on Friday". I just thought that she was being unecess-esarily dick-like to the 12 year olds who couldn't control their energy if they tried.
After school on Tuesday I had to hop a bus to the high school track meet at


No comments:
Post a Comment