Wednesday, November 24, 2010

So Upset

So I have been playing a ton of Wii over the last couple days. 100% of the time I've spent playing it has been under the guise of Yoshi: bringer of pain on his weapon of choice: the mach bike. For you n00bs out there, that's Mario Kart.

Today I decided that I can only beat the Mario Kart game so many times so I figured I'd try out the Legend of Zelda game. I've never been one for Zelda, but I watched Hall play it one time and it looked like a decent time.

So things started out okay. I hereded some goats, rode a horse, checked out my house, you know...things like that. Then I realized that in order to get some village shopkeeper's cat back to her, I needed to feed it a fish. So I got to fishing. I began optimistically as almost all fishing trips do. I had a couple brews, a nice pole, great fishing rod as well, and a nice spot by the river. a couple minutes went by and no fish. Then a couple more minutes passed and my frustration was building at an alarming rate. Then even more minutes and I looked at the clock and saw that I had been cyber fishing for over 45 minutes. I was literally ready to throw Lucy across the room. Absolutely livid.

I have to say, as far as lifelike games go, this one takes the cake. It is exactly like real fishing. I drink beer, post up on a nice spot by the river, and don't catch anything for over 45 minutes. I was so fucking pissed that I threw the controller at the oouch, kicked a can over, called Hall for advice, and turned on 2 and a half men. Yeah, I know. It was bad. Seriously though...it's a fucking video game. If the hardest thing I've had to do in 2 hours o f playing it is catch a fucking fish, there is no way I'm ever going to beat that game. Seriously, the game is supposed to be about collecting rare gems, throwing little blue bombs, and slicing people up with your sword...and I can't manage to catch a fish.

Such a fucking waste of my time. So upset right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment