I can't believe she blitzed that out. Not that I'm not all for saving aye-aye's and such...but seriously? The only words that came to mind when I read that blitz were "what the fuck?" I had to use every ounce of my restraint to keep from slamming my head into the keyboard and I swear I had an anuerism. I was looking for just the right words to reply-all with. Fortunately for me, Ted had the fastest draw.
--- Forwarded message from Delicious T-Lesher ---
>Date: 04 Feb 2009 19:44:56 -0500
>From: Delicious T-Lesher
>Subject: Re: HELP ME at 9pm
>To: Entire Track Team
apparently they can type too!
--- Natarie wrote:
Here's a brief description of an aye-aye:
- I am the world's largest nocturnal primate, and most unusual.
- I have an unusual way of finding food (similar to a wood-pecker): I tap on
trees to find grubs, then gnaw holes in the wood and insert my elongated middle
finger to pull the grubs out.
- I am the only member of the family Daubentoniidae. A second member of my
family was the giant aye-aye, Daubentonia robusta, which no longer exists and
was probably driven to extinction by humans. I miss my relatives!
- I was once mistakenly classified as a rodent, my front teeth never stop
growing and are incredibly efficient at gnawing, just like a rodent's. My teeth
can even bite their way through concrete and aluminum! Isn't that cool?
- I am one of the most widely distributed Madagascan primates, where forests
still remain. But the forests are decreasing and I am too.
--- end of quote ---
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment